Good parenting is a complicated and sometimes stressful activity. Hence, we have some pointers and their descriptions for you to understand ‘What is good parenting?’
- Boosting your child’s self-esteem
- Grant the freedom
- Let them be
- Give them ‘true’ love
- Don’t rush them into growing up
- Make it a time to learn, not to teach
- Nurture their natural spirituality
- Provide a supportive and loving atmosphere
- Maintain a friendly relationship
- Make time for your kids
- Be a good role model
- Be prepared and versatile to change your parenting design
- Know your kid’s limitations. Your kid may misbehave due to the fact that he or she does not comprehend or can’t do what you’re asking,
- Stay with the schedule. Keep a day-to-day regimen so that your kid will understand what to anticipate.
- Encourage good communication. Advise your kid to use words to share his/her emotions.
Reading & Writing Tips
Stage I (1-2 years)
- Read to your child regularly. Let both of you enjoy the book.
- Imitate the voices of characters in the book
- Select easy to read books that have big images and introduce the alphabet
- Allow your kid to identify the characteristics based on your voice mimicry
Stage II (2-3 years)
- Spend creative time with your kid insist an interest in the reading activity
- Encourage your child to identify the names of letters or alphabets through sounds
- Inspire your kid to express their thoughts about a particular book or also generally about any subject.
Stage III (3-5 years)
- Read poems and short stories to your kids
- Let your kids listen to audiovisual books
- Select small stories and ask them for their thoughts
- Read stories multiple times for both of you to have more fun
- Help the kids to write their name in big letters before you begin the reading session
- Encourage your kids to write